Apply for Grant Support
Exeter Canal and Quay Trust was formed in the 1980’s to preserve the land, buildings and features of historical or architectural interest in or around the Exeter Canal and Quay Basin. It also seeks to support and encourage educational and cultural activities within the area and to enhance community participation in recreational activities.
In furtherance of its objectives, the Trust in 2010 resolved to consider applications for grants to suitable organisations/individuals connected with the area who could show that their activities and or projects, for which they were seeking financial support, met the objects of the Trust*
Generally, the Trust will look to support one off projects, including capital schemes. This does not preclude bids for support for on-going and/or revenue projects but the Trust would not normally support revenue costs.
Trust meetings are normally held in March, July, September and December and applications will be put to the meeting closest to the receipt of all necessary information. Application forms should be submitted three weeks before meetings.
Application forms are available from Howard Bassett at Exeter City Council, the Civic Centre, Paris Street, Exeter, EX1 1JN.
Contact 01392 265107 : Email : email@example.com
Alternatively, an application form can be downloaded by clicking on the following : Project Grant Application Form OCT 2018-1
Where appropriate, applications should be accompanied by:-
• constitution or set of rules for the organisation;
• a copy of the most recent audited accounts and annual report approved by the management committee and signed and dated by the Chair or Treasurer;
• management accounts for subsequent years and for the current year together with a projected budget for the forthcoming 12 months; and
• where relevant, at least three quotations for works to be undertaken.
* The Trust’s objects are set out in the application form.
ECQT may place lower priority on repeat applications (year on year). However, in the event of a grant application not succeeding, the option to re-apply at a future date remains.